Book Review:



Disclaimer: I received a book to review. All opinions are my own. 

Teaching my children about thanksgiving is one of my biggest jobs as a mother, so when I had the opportunity to review Thankful, by Eileen Spinelli, I jumped at the opportunity.

The whimsical illustrations in Thankful melt my heart. They remind me of the classic books I loved so much when I was a child. The rhyming helps children follow along so that they truly understand the thankful attitude. Thankful teaches us that we all have something to be thankful for, all we have to do is look around us.

Thanksgiving isn't the only time we should convey our thanks to God and those around us- we should do it all year. We shouldn't just be thankful for the big things, but for the everyday things that we so often take for granted, but that make life so wonderful. Spinelli shows children how truly blessed they are.

Sometimes explaining these things to children can be difficult. they don't understand why we should be grateful for the grass under our feet. But, with Thankful, the explanation comes so simply. This should be a treasured Thanksgiving classic that gets read all year long.

Amazon ($10.58)

No comments :

Post a Comment