5 Tips for Getting Out of The Door On Time: Back to School With The Palmetto Queen

Today I have some tips for you on how to make mornings run more smoothly. These are actually things I use in my own family. I don't know what it is about getting a 2 year old out the door, but it can get quite stressful. I have had to find processes to make it run more smoothly. Today, I'm tacking on some PINSPIRATION as well- enjoy!

1. Prepare the night before- I know this isn't always possible, but when it is- it really does help. I also create a list of things that I need to grab in the morning. Some things I do the night before if I know I will venture out into the wild wild world include laying out clothes, checking the monster's backpack to make sure he has a snack and toys, pouring the monster's drink, getting my travel mug out, and making a list of things to do. I also go ahead and gather any returns, books, or anything else that is in my "out box."



2. Keep a list of things you need for a long day of errands (or specific trips like to the beach) For instance, if I have a long day out and my little guy is going to be in the car for a while, we have an activity bag that is used only then. I have that, snacks, drinks, naptime lovey, and book on my list for things I need on long errand days. My list of things for the beach just simplifies and I don't have to think about every little thing. I just grab that list and make sure I have everything.




3. Create a picture chart of all the things that need to be done before you leave so the kids can help out. My 2 year old isn't ready for this, but he soon will be and I am jumping on the band wagon.




4. Create a command central. This can be as simple or fancy as you like, but having everything that needs to go in one place helps. I also keep a reusable (foldable) shopping bag as my "out box" specifically for running errands- this stays out at command central, so I can pop things in as I realize they need to go out. This way after mail is dropped, returns are made, and books are returned, I can throw the bag in my purse and its out of the way- it also gives me a place to put anything I may pick up when out and about- that keeps it out of my purse..




5. Simplify mornings- have easy breakfasts for crazy mornings. We keep pop-tarts for these days and I even let him eat them in the car if it is going to be one of those breakfasts (he gets excited about eating in the car). I also keep a few ready to go juices in the fridge that I can just grab. My best tip to destress getting out the door is to once a week take inventory of what has to be done (so it doesn't sneak up on me) and clean out my purse, the monster's bookbag, our activity bag, errand bag, and even my laptop bag. I usually do this on Sunday nights because that's when I'm already in the organizing mode from planning our week.




Bonus tip: Slow down and take it easy. Its not the end of the world if you forget something. However, it may seem like the end of the world if you let stress set the mood for the day.

No comments :

Post a Comment