Happy Mother's Day and Southern Charm Sunday

Before this week's Southern Charm Sunday, I want to share a little about my weekend. 

I received this amazing (sweetest card EVER!) card in the mail on Friday- I don't know how he managed this without me finding out, but it really was a nice surprise. He is the BEST at picking out cards. My knight in shining armor always knows what I need to hear. He is a true gentleman. 


Saturday morning I received my copy of my Mother's book. (buy it here) I didn't expect it so soon and am honored enough to have received the second print!  In case you don't know anything about it, she has been working on the book for at least 20 years. It was officially released on Saturday, and I couldn't be more proud of her. She even did the cover art. Read more about this talented lady here. 

Mommy's favorite gift at the Cracker Barrel! 

On Saturday, we went to lunch with the Prince's Grandparents and Great-Grandparents. Even though he wasn't feeling well, we all had fun. I love spending time with family and am so blessed to be surrounded by this family's love- especially with my own Mother in Florida. As I'm sure you can guess,we couldn't walk by anyone without them oohing and aahing over my little guy- he is handsome (he takes after his Daddy!)

Sunday, we had a lazy day around the house- the little man is feeling better and it was quite rejuvenating to just spend time as a family, not worry about anything, and finger paint with my little guy. 

Now for....
Southern Charm Sunday

To honor the special Mothers in my life, I want to just talk about Mothers today, and share some Southern Mama quotes! 

  • Southern Commandment #1:  Y'all shalt always remember your manners.
  • Southern Commandment #3: Y'all shalt not sass your mama.
  • “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” -Stevie Wonder
  • “My mother, Southern to the bone, once told me, "All Southern literature can be summed up in these words: 'On the night the hogs ate Willie, Mama died when she heard what Daddy did to sister” - Pat Conroy
  • "Do not ever give a Queen a home appliance as a gift. Period. The End."----Jill Conner Brown
  • "All her life my mother told me, "No matter how poor you are, you can always be clean."----Andrew Hudgins
  • Southern women have a distinct way with fond expressions : "Y'all come back!" "Well, bless your heart." "Drop by when you can." "How's your Momma?"
  • “Southern Mamas are known for being subtle, like a freight train.” 
  • ― Shellie Rushing Tomlinson, Sue Ellen's Girl Ain't Fat, She Just Weighs Heavy: The Belle of All Things Southern Dishes on Men, Money, and Not Losing Your Midlife Mind
Last, but not least, here is what my own Mother shared with me today:

My Wish for YOU- by Phyllis C. Michael.
Little daughter of mine, I'd give you the world if it were mine to give; 
I'd give you it's sunbeams, its roses, its dew to keep as long as you live. 
But since its not mine to give you these things, there's a wish I'd wish instead- 
May you have for your own, some bright golden day, a sweet little curly head.
A daughter as fine as you've always been, a sweet little girl of you own;
Then you'll be as happy as I am today- you'll be a queen on her throne.

Of course, under it, she wrote "Of course.....Mac works just fine too"
In case you are wondering, she calls my prince Mac (short for McCoy!)

So, my lesson for you today is: never forget to hug your mama and tell her that you love her. 

Happy Mother's Day, I hope yours was as FABulous as mine!





2 comments :

  1. Wonderful post darlin!! The best thing I every did was become a mother! Thanks for doing that for me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! The best thing I ever did was listen to your advice 6 years ago this week- that advice lead to me becoming a mom! 

    ReplyDelete