Fashion Styings of a Mom In Her Late 30s

I turned 37 in June. What does that mean? It means that I have come to the conclusion that I actually do know myself as well as I thought I did and that its okay to be me. It also means that I do not have to impress anyone. 

That is actually a huge weight lifted. 

That also means that at home, I'm wearing lounge wear constantly. In public, I also tend to look like an extra from The Walking Dead. That is something this mama is definitely working on. I still want to be comfortable shuffling the kids and chasing them, but there is nothing wrong with updating the leggings. Here are a few ways I have started doing that. 



1. Fun shoes. I've always been a fan of fun shoes, but I reserved them for nights out. There are no longer nights out, so I've started collecting fun sneakers and wear them with my leggings. Takes the outfit up a little notch. 

2. Bombshell leggings. I mean, if we're going to wear leggings, we need our booties to look great. (Yes, our husbands do still look at the goods). The bombshell booty leggings are a great go to to make you look and feel great. 

3. Accessorize. I love accessories. Forget take one thing off, if I think I'm ready, it's time to add one more and I love big statement jewelry. I got this from my grandma and it is never going to change. My cousin's favorite phrase was "only you can pull that off." Every time I add a piece of jewelry, I think of her saying that. Be big. Be bold. Be extra.

4. Take a hint from celebrities. Own the messy bun, big sunglasses, and huge bag. Find what you love and make it your style and you are fashionable. I remember in my early 20s, Amy Winehouse was constantly seen out and about in huge sunglasses and a huge messy bun. She may not have been rocking it for mom reasons, but it made me realize we can be stylish and comfortable. You will always see me rocking the huge sunglasses and mom bag. 

5. OWN IT! The most important part of looking good wearing comfy clothes is to be yourself and know yourself. Walk with your head held high with confidence and you win!

No comments :

Post a Comment