I Am In Love With Cakes Under The Influence

Disclaimer: I received product to review. I was not asked to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.


In case you have not guessed yet- my house is looking a lot like Christmas. Most of the decor is out, Christopher Pop-In-Kins is visiting, and we are finally in baking extravaganza mode. I finally got to try out the cookies that have been waiting for me. I just love Cakes Under The Influence.



The Hi-Proof baking mix can be used with any cocktail your heart desires. I even tried some as a "virgin" version and it worked beautifully. Did you run out of mix? Well, that is just fine- the cookie cutters come with recipes and there is even an app dedicated to providing you with amazing recipes for great cocktail cookies and cupcakes. 

What I did was make a cup of strong apple cider. To do this, I used a package of instant apple cider mix, 3oz of water, and added 1 oz of bourbon. To do the virgin ones, use 4 oz of water instead. I followed the directions on mixing and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, but you only have to wait an hour. 



Then, roll out the dough on flour, flour the cookie cutters, and cut out the cookies. Be sure to spray your cookie sheet unless you trust that it will not stick. Bake for 6 -8 minutes on 375 and you are good to go. 

Now its time to decorate. You can use any frosting recipe and decorating techniques you want. I didn't realize I was out of powdered sugar, so I mixed a little milk and cinnamon and brushed it on the top of the cookie and used "colored sugars." It worked. 

If you can't tell, I am still learning to bake pretty things. In fact, these are the first cookies I have successfully cut out. Usually they end up a blob. 


These apple cider cocktail cookies may be the best cookies ever, but the orange creamsicle cupcakes were pretty good too. I am just amazed at how well everything from Cakes Under The Influence has turned out. So amazed, that I have a recipe to share with you- Cranberry Cheer Cocktail Cookies

Cranberry Cheer Cocktail Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 sugar
4 TBSP Whole egg powder
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 TBSP Cranberry Ginger-ale (regular will work too)
4 TBSP 99 Cherries (or another cherry liquor)

Cream butter and both sugars together. Blend in whole egg powder until well combined. Then mix in 
Ginger-Ale and 99 Cherries. Mix in baking powder and salt. Gradually mix in flour. 
Chill dough for at least one hour.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Rollout dough on floured sheet and cut with cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake for 6-8 minutes. Cool and add glaze. 

If you want to use your own sugar cookie recipe, you can, just make the glaze with the alcohol instead. 
Its easy!

Cranberry Cheer Glaze

1.5 cups powdered sugar
1 TBSP Cranberry Ginger-Ale
2 2/3 TBSP 99 Cherries
Red food coloring (optional)

Whisk ingredients together and drizzle on your cocktail shaped cookies. 
Add garnish (Cherry or Cranberry works great!)

*Recipes adapted from Cakes Under The Influence Recipes*


Not only are Cakes Under The Influence products great for Christmas parties, but also 21st birthdays, graduations, birthday milestones, anniversaries, weddings, girls night, poker night, and promotions. 

I cannot wait to try a Chocolate-Tini and a Margarita (you all know how much I love Tequila) 

Visit Cakes Under The Influence and start planning your Christmas Party

2 comments :

  1. These sound so good! I'm like you and things I try to decorate or create end up looking like a blob. I love rum and bourbon things big time. Thanks for sharing this review with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These recipes look very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete