My Top 5 Indulgences

Sounds swanky, doesn't it? Well, it's not really but in the almost 12 years I've been a mom, I have learned some things and one of those things is that we have to surround ourselves with things that make us smile. Our money goes to our kids, bills, pets, and husbands. We often feel guilty for spending "frivolous" money on ourselves. Just because it isn't an absolute need, doesn't mean that it is frivolous.

There are things I've started spending money on for myself in the last few years. Things are not important, but isn't it fun to write with a pretty pen. Here are the things that I spend a little more money on because I want to. 


1. Pretty Pens
I am very particular about the pens I write with. I write all day long and need a comfortable pen. Whats more is that I need a pen that is pretty to look at. Why not? I use it all day- let's make it pretty!


 

2. My Planner
I use 2 planners (as well as utilize Google Calendar). I am stuck with a paper planner and just cannot get used to anything else. I love writing things out and my life is in my planner. I have my planner and my school planner and I will spend more money to make them not only organized perfectly, but also pretty. My husband doesn't get it, but doesn't care if I do it either (he's pretty good about that).


 3. Costume Jewelry

I'm a lover of big bold jewelry and always have been. I love the classic look in a bold way so I wear a lot of pave jewelry that is chunky. The pave is classic and blends it together, but the big pieces and different designs give it a bold look. I come across costume jewelry (even if its fake) and wear it a while. Makes me happy. 


I also love the way I've pierced my ears over the years and the different and bold look they give me. I have a nose ring and 10 ear piercings and another piercing. I will get 3 more in my ears and my lip done after we go camping this year (no lake water in fresh piercings)


4. Fun Accessories

Whether it is a glitter wallet, a colorful leopard phone case, or a gold crossbody purse. I love shiny and bold accessories. My husband jokes that if he messes up, he just haves to give me something shiny and I'll forget about it. I wear black shirts and jeans almost all the time, but love to add character with shoes, jewelry, and accessories.

5. My Coffee Cup

My coffee cup is like a growth. I have it with me always and it has to keep coffee cold or hot and has to be my favorite color (can you guess what that is). I love to add in my colorful leopard straw and a cool sticker. The current one is "If you see my kids outside, mind your own business. We're having a fire drill. #HomeschoolMom" and the other says "Heifer Please" My daughter has a communication problem and cannot make hard consonant sounds, so she can't say T or S sounds. She calls Trevor Heffer, so its a fun joke at home and he loves it. 


 


No comments :

Post a Comment