Book Review: NKJV Foundation Study Bible

Disclaimer: I received a book to review. All opinions are my own. 

As I've mentioned before, I have a love and fascination for Bibles of all types. I love to pull them all out and compare scriptures while studying. Even though I love reading different translations, I love the King James Version, more specifically- the New King James Version. When I'm doing my daily reading, or want to look up scripture, this is what I tend to pull out. I also like for my everyday bible to have references so that I don't have to pull out the concordance when I'm not doing in depth studying.

This NKJV Foundation Study Bible is just what I've been looking for for years. I do not get distracted by inserted devotions (I prefer a separate book for that), or by historical accounts. It is the scripture, with references at the bottom of each page. The translation is awesome. It is the regular KJV translation, without all the fancy words that we tend to get lost in. When I'm looking up a specific scripture or prayer, I get the version everyone knows and loves, not a rewritten version.

This bible even has Jesus' words in red, a concordance, and even full-color maps. I always like to turn to the maps and visualize where the scripture took place. The Bible itself is hardbound with a dust jacket and very sturdy. It is the perfect size to carry with you or to leave at home. This has quickly become my go-to Bible and I couldn't be happier with it.

No comments :

Post a Comment