Kokomo: Blogging From A to Z

When Tbomb was a baby, he was a big cranky. We would have to take turns rocking him and walking the floors with him. For a while, all I was told was that he was colicky. Well, he would scream and cry, then he would get even worse. It just broke my heart. At this point, the only thing that would calm him was the Beach Boys singing Kokomo. He loved the song, but especially the video. My mother-in-law would put the video on and I would sit in the floor with him in my lap. Eventually, he would dance.

It turned out that he had a gas problem. We ended up spending a night in the children's ER, running tests and such. Luckily, no surgery or medication was needed. The only thing I had to do was put him on formula a bit longer and give him gas drops after every meal until he was almost a year old. After this visit, he finally started putting on weight and this mom was ecstatic. Now, every time I think about Kokomo or The Beach Boys, I'm just so grateful for those moments of peace they gave my little man.

1 comment :

  1. Aw that's so cute! I have a friend who *swears* by gas drops. Her little guy has so much trouble :(
    ~AJ Lauer
    an A-Z Cohost
    @ayjaylauer on Twitter

    ReplyDelete