Book Review: Curious Critters Marine

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book to review. All opinions are my own.

As many of you know, I am a homeschool mom. I happen to have an obsession with books, especially those that are beautiful and science. I will always have a special love for all things science, especially animal books. I love being able to pass this love along to my children, and get them more excited about books at the same time.

When I was a kid (about 8 years old), my Grandma has this set of Jaques Cousteau Encyclopedias that I was obsessed with. I would read them anytime I was at her house, and quickly finished reading the whole set. I think this is where my love of cryptid animas stemmed from. I remember reading about the Kraken and being fascinated with what animals could hide in the depths of the ocean.

Naturally, when I was contacted about the release of Curious Critters: Marine, by David Fitzsimmons, I was intrigued and excited to check it out with Tbomb. I was not prepared for the beauty that would be delivered to my mailbox. Check out this trailer for the book.


There is no way for me to fully describe the beauty on the pages of Curious Critters: Marine. It is easily the most beautiful book I have ever seen. That is saying a lot considering that I worked at a bookstore or 4 years. If you would like to get a feel for the book, you can see some sample pages here

This is the third book in Fitzsimmons' series- Curious Critters. It will be released on April 22, 2015 (Earth Day). These up close photos of some of the most interesting marine animals will allow your children to get an intimate look at the creatures that inhabit our world's oceans. The interesting facts that accompany the photos are sure to spark their imagination and curiosity. These facts are what David imagined the animals would say to him while he was photographing them. 

Be sure to visit David's site and get a glance at his other animal photography projects. While you are there, check out his guides for parent and teachers, get games, get audio books, and order this and his other books. curious-critters.com







No comments :

Post a Comment