Easiest Bean Dip: Freshen Up Your Fiesta for Cinco De Mayo (#PublixFiesta)



There are two Old El Paso items that are staples in our house. Refried beans and Salsa. There are so many uses or both of them, and our pantry is never without them.

Refried beans can be used in place of meat. They are also easier for young kids and older adults to eat than a lot of meat. In fact, Kodabug prefers refried beans to any meat. Salsa can be added to most dishes, giving it a special kick. You can also add it to a salad, wrap, or even sandwich for a low-calorie treat.

I have something special to share with you today though. This is my favorite appetizer recipe. It is apparently pretty yummy too, I made it 5 times before I ever got to taste it. Even better, it's about the easiest recipe ever.

I always used a small slow cooker to make it, but you can use a pot on the stove as well.

Just mix a can of refried Old El Paso refried beans, a jar of salsa, and cheese together. Heat until it is all melted together and mixed well. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and taco chips on the side. What an easy and delicious appetizer recipe. This is one of those things that whenever I would make it, it would be gone by the end of the night. My secret is to use a creamy cheese, like velveeta or similar.

If you are looking to add some special pizzaz to your Old El Paso refried bean dip, I have just the thing for you. Mash an avocado and add it in before you cook. That will give you that special Fiesta flavor that only Avocados From Mexico can give. If you would like, add some lime juice for extra zing.


This dip is perfect to freshen up your fiesta. It is also perfect for any party, football Sunday, girls night in, or even a playdate. I make this dip for just about everything, seriously- why mess with a good thing? 

What to know a secret? Well, it's not really a secret, but it's awesome. From April 30th, until May 5, 2015, Publix is offering some amazing in store savings to help your Cinco De Mayo Celebration even more special. Head to Publix and freshen up your fiesta. Check out the special printable coupon Old El Paso is offering as well. You can save $1 when you buy 3 Old El Paso items. 

Old El Paso has amazing products to help with this mission. I've raved about their refried beans and salsa, but they also offer chopped chilies, taco sauce, and dinner kits to make even an everyday dinner special. I know when we make tacos, the family just seems to enjoy our time together so much more. Add some Avocados From Mexico to your weeknight meal to add some freshness and something that is so healthy too. Their website has some amazing Cinco De Mayo recipes, but I think we should just celebrate every day. 

Guess what? One lucky reader can win $10 (via PayPal) to make your own bean dip, or other Old El Paso and Avocados From Mexico dish. I can imagine the yummy smells now. To enter, just comment below and let me know what you think of the new products from Old El Paso and Avocados From Mexico and let me know which recipe you would like to try. After you win, head on over to Publix and grab what you need to freshen up your fiesta. 

3 comments :

  1. These products look great for a fiesta. I would like to make the corn guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ithik my kids would like to do a taco bar.I'd like them to try the guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love their products! I would love to make the Old El Paso recipe for the Chicken Fajita Bubble-Up Bake with the Avocado recipe for the New York Deli Guacamole Recipe! Oh that would be so good together! YUM
    landfjacobson @ charter .net

    ReplyDelete