Children: Blogging From A to Z



Something most people don't know about me is that I never did like kids. I didn't want to be a mom. For a brief moment in time, I wanted to be a teacher, but then I remembered that- I don't like kids. Usually when a kid would walk up to me at work or in a store, I would be flooded with anxiety. The normal reaction out of my mouth was "Where ARE your parents?" My parents, of course, thought it was hilarious. For some reason, people thought I should babysit, which I would kindly decline (unless it was my nephew or niece).

It took a total of 2 minutes for my opinion on children to change. When those lines appeared on that pregnancy test, my whole world changed, in more ways than I ever would have imagined. All of a sudden, my life was complete- my expectations of myself changed, and my outlook on life changed. I know everyone changes, but I was actually excited to be a mom- which I never thought I would do. I love my children more than anything in the world. Their daddy comes in next. I'm still not a fan of other people's kids, but at least I've learned to deal with them a little more easily.

1 comment :