Carson-Dellosa: Changing the Game This Year

Disclaimer: I am a Carson-Dellosa Brand Ambassador. However, I use these products in my homeschool and have for many years.

I am in the middle of trying to get my 2020-2021 planning done and getting everything organized for a fresh year. This year will be a little different as I'm trying a different approach. I'm trying to stick with being structured for reading, writing, and math. I want to be a little less structured for science and social studies. My biggest aim of all with my children is that they love to learn. If they love to learn, have a desire to learn instead of just saying "oh well", and know how to learn, they will be able to do anything!

With these changes comes some changes in my supplies and organization. Carson-Dellosa is helping me out with that!

1. Judy Clock Curriculum Cutouts

These cutouts are amazing! They are not only the perfect size for little hands, but they are also easy to use. They are easy to put together with a brass brad. (I actually laminated a few to use with dry-erase markers as well).

These are large enough that when we are working together, the kids can see them easily, but small enough that the kids can use them on their own to work through problems. They fit right in their storage clipboards as well!

They are sturdy as well. If you are a classroom teacher, I would suggest laminating the pieces to add to the durability.

The kids have seen me putting these together and are so very excited to use them in the coming year!

2. Hands-On Math from Spectrum

I LOVE Spectrum workbooks. They are not full of fluff, they are straight to the point, and they move at a good pace. They have worked so well with Tbomb, I am very excited to use the hands-on workbooks with Snapper. She is really good at math, a great problem solver, and a hands-on learner. The manipulatives, boards, work pages, and even a dry erase marker are all included.

I'm really excited to dive in with her!





3. Disney Learning Letter Practice

Anything Frozen is a winner in our house.

While Snapper can write her alphabet, she does need more practice, especially with lower case letters. This Frozen book makes her want to do the practice.

I love anything dry erase because we can use it over and over again.

Also, this spiral notebook can be thrown in their backpacks and used anywhere. They are also durable.

One thing that is so important for us with handwriting practice is that it is also great fine motor practice for her. She has some delays and it has been a wonderful tool!

4. Board Buddies

I am officially in love! These Board Buddies are truly amazing. The magnets are strong and the fabric is sturdy (and wipeable).

I have one on the fridge to keep things handy, one in the school area for manipulatives to quickly grab, and one on the back of my portable magnetic board for lessons we are working on. They are seriously handy!






5. Editing/ Proofreading Stickers (Study Buddies)

I am loving these stickers. I can stick them anywhere! I have put them inside the clipboards, inside journals, and even stuck on in his pencil pouch.

I love that if I edit a writing assignment, he can quickly see what the symbols mean. If he is editing, he can quickly see which symbols to use and it reinforces what he needs to look for. I can even put them on the paper if I need to.

These are definitely a favorite in my homeschool!


1 comment :