Making Under Bed Storage Look Good With Thirty-One Gifts

Utilizing the areas under furniture is one of my favourite ways of staying organized. You can use the space under chairs, dressers, areas under cabinets and so many other places to keep your home organizing, items that are rarely used out of the way, and items that are often used handy. I think the most under-utilized space in the home is under the bed.

With bed risers (approximately $10 at most retailers), you can maximize the space available. You can add from 4 to 10 inches of verticle space, depending on your needs. We decided against this route for the kids because it just made their beds too high, focusing instead on loft beds for them. However, I have always used under-bed storage for myself, so I thought I would share some tips on making it look good.



The obvious choice is a dust ruffle. It is something I am just not a fan of. I do not like the way they shift while making the bed or turning the mattress (something I have always done religiously) and they get dusty. If you have dogs, they can quickly become covered in dog hair and it seems like they do nothing but trap dust. I'd rather just sweep under the bed. So, using a dust ruffle to hid my under bed storage was never an option.

Another option would be to cover boxes in pretty paper. I have tried this before and I'm not a fan of this option either. The paper rips and the boxes wear out. This only lasted for a few weeks before I was ready to scrap this idea.

My favorite option is actually to use pretty bins or baskets. Thirty-One Gifts has the best options. There are a variety of colors and prints for any decor, as well as coordinating patterns. No matter your style, your storage can look wonderful. There are also a variety of sizes to choose from, allowing you to find what is perfect for your needs.

With the bed risers, the utility totes (deluxe utility tote, large utility tote, and the others) are perfect for under bed storage- with plenty of room for storage and various designs. One thing I like about using these is that they use more of the depth of space than most things do.

No comments :

Post a Comment