Spectrum: No Nonsense Curriculum For Your Child

Disclaimer: I received products to review. All opinions are my own.

One of the biggest problems I have had with the curriculums that we have used is that they are way too repetitive. My son gets bored and when he learns something, he wants to move on. With him picking things up very easily, we do not need to spend 2 weeks on one concept. The other problem is that other curriculums are way too cutesy and distract my son- he wants to look at the snakes that have nothing to do with the math lesson instead of focus on the problems that are below it. I discovered Spectrum and love it!


The core of our homeschool for third grade will be Spectrum. We will be using: Math, Word Study and Phonics, Writing, Reading, Cursive Handwriting, Science, Language Arts, and Geography Communities. I'm very excited to be using this and think my son will enjoy school a lot more. There will be no more repeating the same lesson for fillers. 

I also like the way the lessons flow and that there are no unnecessary steps that just confuse the kids. Also, each lesson is on one or two pages. What we are using for math this year has about 10 pages per day and it is very overwhelming for a second grader, especially when all the problems could be condensed to just a couple pages. He looks at the lesson for the day and already dreads that. He will not be doing that with Spectrum. 






No comments :

Post a Comment